Flat roofing systems that we install are PVC, TPO and EPDM.
Types of Membranes
Single-ply membranes can be generally categorized into two groups: Thermosets and Thermoplastics.
Thermoset membranes are compounded from synthetic rubber polymers, and the most commonly used polymers are EPDM, CSPE, and Neoprene.
Thermosets membranes are ideal for large roof areas, due to the fact that their manufacturing size is ideal to reduce or minimize seams. The majority of EPDM thermosest black membranes have carbon black as an additional component, which increases the UV protection; and in the case of white membranes, the manufacturer adds titanium dioxide, increasing the reflection property against UV rays.
Seams on thermoplastic single-ply membranes are hot-air welded together to form interconnected laps. When thermoplastic membranes cool, they return to their original material type. Two of the most commonly used thermoplastic single-ply membranes are PVC and TPO, both plastic-based materials. Thermoplastic membranes are usually manufactured to include a reinforcement layer, normally polyester or fiberglass scrim that provides additional strength and stability.
Both types of membrane are highly flexible and resistant to ultraviolet radiation. These types of membranes are relatively easy to install, but normally are also incompatible and cannot be used in combination with other single roofing systems.
We install DURO-LAST PVC
Roofing System Overview
Duro-Last, Inc,. offers over three decades of proven PVC roof system performance with billions of square feet of membrane installed across North America. Duro-Last has been successful since the beginning by providing our customers with unmatched service and expertise in the roofing industry.
Single Ply Roofing Information
Roof Membrane available in 40, 50 and 60 mil thickness.
Duro-Last 50 mil membrane is manufactured with 28 mil of thickness on the top performance layer, far exceeding industry standards as well as competitor systems with equal and even greater mil values.
Only product in the marketplace to offer prefabrication of the entire roofing system.
A complete line of Duro-Last custom prefabricated accessories is available for all Duro-Last membranes.
Single ply membrane has a weft-insertion anti-wicking scrim with a density of 18 by 14 threads per inch – among the highest in the industry.
Unique in the industry, Duro-Last offers a 15-year warranty with consequential damage coverage for Duro-Last prefabricated roofing systems with no additional charge. This warranty is only available for commercial applications.
For single ply roofing membrane warranty information, click here.
The Duro-Last Difference
The custom-fabricated, single-ply PVC Duro-Last commercial roofing system is ideal for any flat or low-sloped application. Extremely durable and easily installed by authorized Duro-Last contractors without disrupting building operations, the Duro-Last Roofing System is also watertight, highly reflective, resistant to chemicals, fire and high winds, as well as low maintenance.
Since 1978, billions of square feet of Duro-Last membrane have been installed throughout North America – and through our best-in-class warranties, Quality Assurance department, prefabricated commercial roofing systems approach and commitment to provide problem-solving products, we work hard to stand by every square foot.
Duro-Last is the only roof manufacturing company to offer prefabrication of the entire roofing system in our factory-controlled environment. Through our custom-fabricated commercial roofing systems – which can include both membrane and accessories – up to 85% of the seams are completed before it arrives on the job site. A custom-fabricated Duro-Last Roofing Commercial Roofing System is long-lasting, reliable and eliminates most of the on-site fabrication that can lead to roof leaks.
Edge to Edge and Deck-to-Sky with Duro-Last
Duro-Last is a leader in vertical integration. Since the beginning, our founder, John R. Burt, strived to produce as many parts of a Duro-Last assembly in-house while also embracing the Edge-to-Edge & Deck-to-Sky™ approach. All of this allows Duro-Last to control quality from top to bottom.
We install GenFlex TPO
Roofing System Overview
It can get ugly out there. That’s why you need a durable TPO roofing system that can keep its cool under extreme conditions, and keep you looking good in the process. GenFlex EZ TPO single-ply roofing systems fit the bill. Our TPO systems, including the revolutionary GenFlex EZ TPO Peel & Stick™ HW, offer the durability it takes to withstand the most punishing elements. Plus, they provide outstanding heat-reflectivity and energy efficiency for high performance that’s strikingly affordable.
GenFlex EZ TPO membrane, a high quality thermoplastic polyolefin, offers the “best of both worlds”…the proven flexibility and weathering resistance of rubber and the performance of hot-air welded thermoplastic seams. Heat-welded thermoplastic roofing membranes are the fastest growing segment of the low-slope roofing market and GenFlex EZ TPO is an excellent system choice. Here’s what you can expect from a GenFlex EZ TPO System:
- Smart Firsts: GenFlex developed the first 12-foot wide TPO sheet meeting industry code requirements. A wider sheet means fewer seams to weld and fewer panels to install, and that can add up to big savings. Compared to a 10-foot system, the wide sheet application requires 16% fewer seams—33% fewer than an 8-foot system, and 50% fewer than a 6-foot system.
- More Options: GenFlex EZ TPO systems offer the widest selection in both product and system types. From dual weld seams to Peel & Stick systems, GenFlex has the TPO products you need for mechanically anchored to fully adhered systems with warranties up to 20 years depending on the system design.
- Better Ideas: Introduced in 2003, the GenFlex EZ TPO Peel & Stick HW membrane system is truly a revolutionary new era in roofing. Peel & Stick TPO membranes and accessories have pre-applied adhesive and tape, making installation faster, easier, safer and smarter. Now available in a 10-foot roll as well.
We install GenFlex EPDM
Roofing System Overview
And that gives you a competitive edge. Just take a look at our high-performance EPDM.The GenFlex EPDM single-ply membrane is tough, standing up to tears, impacts, punctures and normal roof traffic. It’s durable, offering excellent resistance to ozone and ultraviolet light exposure. And it’s reliable, maintaining elasticity and flexibility that lasts. So let’s roll.
GenFlex Roofing Systems feature four single-ply EPDM membranes:
- EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) – an elastomeric membrane ideal for commercial roofing applications.
- AFR EPDM – a fire retardant EPDM membrane that can be installed over a variety of substrates.
- FRM EPDM – an EPDM membrane reinforced with tough polyester fabric for superior tensile strength and performance.
- FlexWhite EPDM – a white-on-black EPDM membrane that combines the benefits of a highly reflective white-surfaced membrane with the proven application techniques of a flexible EPDM roofing system.
GenFlex EPDM is ideal for either new roofs or for roofing over a variety of common roof deck types and insulation materials.
– Thickness: 45 mil (1.1mm) or 60 mil (1.5mm )
– Available in rolls up to 50′(15.2m) wide by 250′ (76.2m) long
– Variety of mechanically-attached alternatives
– Roofing tapes
– Bonding adhesive
– Applicable rooftop accessories
GenFlex EPDM systems have a performance history of over 20 years and can be warranted for up to 20 years depending on the system design. Our EPDM meets all the requirements of the EPDM ASTM Standard D4637, making it a solid and versatile choice for your roofing applications.
Liquid Applied Roofing
New Ridge Roofing is Portland, Oregon’s coating king. We work directly with GE and Tropical Roofing for our silicone roofing products. Coatings are seamless and offer many advantages both in cost and practicality because it’s not considered an additional roof layer. It is a great option to seal a roof and protect it against harsh weather conditions. It is known as a roof coating, because the silicone is applied onto the roof surface, and then it dries into a protective coat that shields the roof from the elements.
Silicone Roofing System: Affordable and Durable
The advantage to choosing a silicone roof is the system is seamless. The silicone fills in the voids on the roof as it is laid down. Once dry it silicone roofing systems are extremely durable. This roofing system is a great option to consider for older flat roofs on commercial buildings because you can get the same warranty as a new roof without the headache of demolition and disposal of the old roof. With a LOW or NO VOC formula you can always guarantee little or no disturbance to building tenants.
Our clients like the silicone roofing system because it extends the life of their current roof and gives the same warranty as a new roof while not considered a ‘layer’ of roofing. Instead of spending the money to tear out all the old roofing and re-install new materials, the silicone can be applied over the top. This option is environmentally friendly, and more cost-effective.
Benefits of a Silicone Roofing System
There are many benefits to using a silicone roofing system, those advantages include:
- Silicone roofs are weatherproof and waterproof
- The material is flexible
- Silicone maintains adhesion for many years
- Silicone roofs are not degraded from severe weather or the sun’s rays
- This type of roofing outperforms many other types of roof coatings
- Silicone is resistant to staining, mildew, and mold problems
- The silicone materials adhere well to many types of surfaces, making it a great choice for many different projects
- Can be used on sloped or flat roofs
- Silicone can be applied on your current roof to extend its lifetime, making it a cheaper option than tearing out the roof and re-building
- Different colors are available, so you can choose a shade that matches the other building materials (lighter colors are usually better UV reflectors)
- Extends the life of your roof
- A long warranty protects your roof against defects, and shows the confidence that we have in this type of roofing system
Many types of roofing systems have problems with adhesion and longevity, and silicone roofing is a great way to overcome both issues. One of the biggest advantages is the fact that this roofing system is a great way to help you lower energy costs. The surface is reflective, which protects the building from the harsh surface temperatures. This protection is an effective way to minimize utility costs because it is easier to regulate the temperatures inside the building.
How a Silicone Roof is Installed
When a silicone roof is installed, there are several steps that need to be followed:
- Loose dirt or gravel is removed from the surface of the roof
- The surface is cleaned thoroughly, to prepare for the application
- Some types of silicone require a fabric wet coating to help it fully adhere, so the fabric is applied first
- The liquid silicone is applied to the surface, usually using a roller or a brush
- Attention is put on any grooves, cracks or uneven surfaces to completely seal the entire roof
- The silicone can dry, and a 2nd coat is applied (if needed)
Some methods of silicone application may use a brush or a roller, and others can use airless spraying equipment to coat the roof surface. When we are working on your silicone roof, we will bring all the necessary equipment, to make sure your roof is sealed using the best techniques.
We specialize in silicone roofing systems. We serve Portland and the Metro area, and our experts will help you select the type of roof that is best for your building. Call us today!